Monday, September 1, 2014

World War I Discharge Document for Everett S. Carpenter -- Military Monday (September 1, 2014)

On January 20, 2013 I published a brief post here at The Prism about the World War I service of my maternal grandfather, Everett Shearman Carpenter (1891 - 1962).  Since that post in January 2013, I have discovered that among some old and unexamined documents gifted to me by my Aunt Roberta, the widow of my mother's brother -- David Otis Carpenter -- is the original World War I discharge paper for my grandfather.  The front and reverse sides of the discharge document are now shown immediately below.

The July 17, 1919 Army discharge paper for Everett S. Carpenter (front)



Reverse side of the the Army discharge paper for Everett S. Carpenter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Scan from the original discharge paper in the personal collection of the author.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Copyright 2014, John D. Tew
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

No comments:

Post a Comment