Thursday, November 20, 2014

Treasure Chest Thursday (November 20, 2014) -- The Samuel and Sarah Carpenter Family

L to R: Ruth, Samuel, Everett and Sarah Carpenter 

The above snapshot was taken in the front room of the Carpenter family home at 551 High Street in Cumberland, Rhode Island in approximately 1900. Samuel and Sarah are my maternal great grandparents and the boy, Everett, is my maternal grandfather. Everett's sister Ruth, my grand aunt, is also pictured.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Scan from the original snapshot in the collection of the author.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Copyright 2014, John D. Tew
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

1 comment:

  1. What a simply beautiful photo, John. Amazing treasure - so clear! Thanks for sharing. I'm now inspired to go digging... I think I have a similar one in my TERWILLIGER scans from around the same time, but not as clear. Isn't it wonderful to see your grandfather and great-grandfather so young.

    ReplyDelete