Saturday, September 12, 2015

Friday Fotos (September 11, 2015) -- Everett Shearman Carpenter and Two Tew Grandchildren


Everett Shearman Carpenter was born on Washington's birthday (February 22nd) in 1891. He died at age 70 on January 6, 1962.

The above photograph is the only photo that I have ever seen of my maternal grandfather, Everett Carpenter, with just my sister and me.  It was discovered just a day ago amongst a box of old family photographs. The photo is not specifically dated, but is believed to have been taken around 1957 in Cumberland, Rhode Island at the home of my maternal grandparents, Everett and Ruth Carpenter.  I think that the photo is taken of the the three of us sitting on the back tailgate of my parents' Studebaker Scotsman wagon.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Image scanned from the original snapshot in the collection of the author.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Copyright 2015, John D. Tew
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

2 comments:

  1. This may be one of the dearest photos I've seen in a long time, John. Handsome grandfather, adorable grandchildren. I wonder what your sister's attention is focused on. She seems pretty intent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your very kind comment Nancy! Sorry it took me so long to respond. It is indeed a treasured photo and I wonder too what my sister was looking at. It might have been my grandparents' cat wandering by.

      Delete