Friday, September 27, 2013

"Easy Rider" Bermuda-style: Friday Fotos (September 27, 2013)


1992 was a year for landmark birthday celebrations.  Molly threw a surprise square dance party with live band and caller for me and told me not to surprise her with anything when she reached (a few months later) the same milestone (which will NOT be disclosed here).  I quickly assured her I would do no such thing and had no need to cross my fingers or anything.  Unbeknownst to her I had already surreptitiously planned and executed the reservations for a cruise to Bermuda that was cleverly planned to occur about three months before her actual birthday in order to be a genuine, full-tilt surprise.  As you can see from the photo evidence of me (above) on a scooter in Bermuda in May 1992 -- my plan worked. [Well, at least from the proof of the photo I made it to Bermuda!]

Actually, I also have a nice scooter photo of my "Biker Babe"-- who did accompany me to Bermuda.  [I did mention this cruise was a celebration of her birthday, right?]  Well, I would not think of posting the Biker Babe shot without her permission.  If -- or perhaps I should hasten to say "when" -- I get her permission, that future post here on The Prism can also serve as the vehicle for presenting my version of how I became a hero to all the wives we knew and how I was vilified by all the husbands.  I still consider it my crowning achievement as a married man! 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

May 1992 photo by Molly in the collection of the author. 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Copyright 2013, John D. Tew
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _




2 comments:

  1. Hmm...I must share this with my husband. Never hurts to plant the seed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hardly wait to read the rest of the story, John!

    ReplyDelete