Friday, November 20, 2020

Friday Fotos-- A Thank You card from Nora (November 20, 2020)

 



The older of our two granddaughters, Nora, turned six earlier this month and started kindergarten this year due to her late birthday.  She has been reading for quite a while now and is proud to be using her developing writing skills.  Today we received a "Thank You" card from Nora completely in her own handwriting!  

It is interesting to see that she is already working on her own distinctive handwriting flourish by adding the curlicue to her lowercase "a."  It reminds me that when I was in 1st grade at Streiber Memorial School (now apparently known as Streiber Elementary School) in Chicopee, Massachusetts my teacher criticized my lowercase "i" because of the large dot I placed above, and too close to, the vertical line.  She said they looked like lollipops instead of a proper "i."  This undoubtedly contributed to my abandonment of the use of all cursive writing (except for my signature) and use of lowercase print letters as soon as I was able to get away with it in school.  To this day, I use only uppercase block lettering in everything I write and distinguish upper and lower case only by the size of the letters.

Love the curlicues.  You go Nora!  😍
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Copyright 2020, John D. Tew
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Grandpa, I love you! Thank you for the comment. I love the smiley face with the heart eyes. Thank you for the picture of you [ed. note - your blog profile picture]. Thanks for the picture of my card. I love you! Bye!

    - Nora [Jonathan as typist]

    ReplyDelete