Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday Fotos (December 13, 2013) -- John Bowen Shearman

John Bowen Shearman (1799 - 1881)


John B. Shearman is my 3rd great grandfather.  He was born in Tiverton, Rhode Island on November 25, 1799 and he died on October 2, 1881 in Smithfield, Rhode Island.

John and his wife, Ann Eliza Patt (1803 -1887), had fifteen children together -- nine girls and six boys. The seventh child and fifth girl was my 2nd great grandmother, Martha Amanda Shearman, who married Mason Freeman on July 29, 1851.

          John B. Shearman     m.     Ann Eliza Patt

          Martha Amanda Shearman     m.     Mason Freeman

          Sarah Etta Freeman     m.     Samuel Eber Carpenter

          Everett Shearman Carpenter     m.     Ruth Eaton Cooke  [my maternal grandparents]

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Original photograph in the personal collection of the author.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Copyright 2013, John D. Tew
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you to have such a great photo! And I'm sure we must be distant cousins of some sort. I have Carpenters, Cookes and Freemans way back in my Ancestry.

    ReplyDelete