Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday Fotos (April 4, 2014) -- Lake Sunapee, NH


When I lived in Concord, NH back in the early 1960s, my best friend's family had a summer place on Lake Sunapee in the shadow of Mount Sunapee, a state ski resort. I spent many summer days at the lake with my friend's family and I have loved fresh water lakes ever since.

Sunapee is the fifth largest lake in New Hampshire and it is a glacial lake with extremely good water quality even today. Native Americans (Algonquins) named the lake "Soo-Nipi" meaning Wild Goose Waters because of all the geese that migrated over the lake..  The lake is 8.1 miles long and 2.5 miles wide at its widest point.

The photograph above was taken in about 1972 during my first visit back to Sunapee since I left New Hampshire in 1965. It is taken from the property of my friend's family looking toward Mt. Sunapee. The photograph brings back many wonderful memories of youth.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Photograph by the author.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Copyright 2014, John D. Tew
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

No comments:

Post a Comment